Vetnique is a veterinary-owned and founded company that makes unique veterinary products for dogs. The company uses effective, premium ingredients based on veterinary-backed science and testing to improve the health and wellbeing of dogs. Its products are veterinary-formulated, and its laboratory is accredited and approved by the National Animal Supplement Council (NASC). Vetnique’s Dermabliss Anti-itch and Allergy Relief Spray works on contact to help relieve itchy skin and hot spots caused by allergies and insect bites. The fragrance-free spray promotes healthy skin and relieves itchy, inflamed skin. Each spritz contains carefully selected ingredients to reduce redness and itching and comfortably numb the affected area.
Dermabliss Anti-itch and Allergy Relief Spray Ingredients
Dermabliss Anti-itch and Allergy Relief Spray contains veterinary-strength ingredients to help decrease itchiness and inflammation. These include:
- Hydrocortisone — Hydrocortisone is a steroid medication that calms the immune system’s response to reduce itching and inflammation. This mild steroid medication is much safer for prolonged use than more potent steroids such as dexamethasone and prednisone. Dermabliss Anti-itch and Allergy Relief Spray contains 1% hydrocortisone, the strongest hydrocortisone strength you can purchase without a prescription.
- Pramoxine hydrochloride — Pramoxine hydrochloride is a local anesthetic that provides a temporary numbing sensation to help minimize pain, irritation, and itching. Clinical studies have demonstrated that pramoxine hydrochloride begins working in as little as two minutes and is effective for up to eight hours.
- Hydrolyzed oats — Oats contain polysaccharide fibers called beta-glucans that create a protective layer on the skin’s surface when the natural skin layer is compromised. They also have humectant properties that draw in moisture to soothe inflamed skin. In addition, oats contain filaggrin, a protein that supports skin barrier function.
- Lanolin — Lanolin oil is a secretion from sheep’s skin, produced to condition and protect the sheep’s wool. Lanolin oil is an emollient that helps soothe dry skin, soften rough areas and slow water loss from the skin.
Dermabliss Anti-itch and Allergy Relief Spray Dosing
Dermabliss Anti-itch and Allergy Relief Spray should be sprayed on the affected areas and massaged until absorbed. You should use this product on your dog no more than four times daily or as directed by your veterinarian. Ensure you wash your hands after using the product, and do not allow your dog to lick the treated area until the spray dries.
Dermabliss Anti-itch and Allergy Relief Spray Pros and Cons
- Dermabliss Anti-itch and Allergy Relief Spray is veterinary-formulated.
- Dermabliss Anti-itch and Allergy Relief Spray contains veterinary-strength ingredients to decrease itching and inflammation and provide temporary numbing relief from allergies.
- Dermabliss Anti-itch and Allergy Relief Spray is approved by the NASC.
- No prescription is needed to purchase Dermabliss Anti-itch and Allergy Relief Spray.
- Dermabliss Anti-itch and Allergy Relief Spray may not be effective for dogs with severe allergies.
- After administration, the spray must dry completely before your dog can groom themselves safely.
- Dogs under 12 weeks old should not use Dermabliss Anti-itch and Allergy Relief Spray.
Dermabliss Anti-itch and Allergy Relief Spray Rave Reviews
Dermabliss Anti-itch and Allergy Relief Spray received 4.4 out of 5 stars on Chewy, and 93% of users would recommend the product to a friend.
- “My German Shepherd has sensitive skin and gets hot spots on his tummy and front legs that he constantly licks. I sprayed this on his hot spots and he hasn’t touched them since, and they’ve significantly reduced in redness.”
- “This is the only product that relieves my dog’s itchy skin allergies. I’m ecstatic that I’ve finally found something that works for him. Worth every penny.”
If your dog’s skin irritation persists or increases, discontinue use and contact your veterinarian.
Information as of 6/30/22