Dog parents who switch to raw food commonly report changes in their pets, including increased energy, better digestion, relief from food sensitivities, improved skin and coat, improved weight, and more mealtime excitement. Instinct makes their frozen raw bites with real meat, fruit, and vegetables. The diets contain no grains or fillers and are minimally processed to improve nutrient integrity and absorption. In addition, every recipe is frozen and protected through cold-pressure processing to keep the nutrients and taste intact. Instinct offers special formulations for your dog, depending on their life stage, and their adult diet provides five flavor options to please your pup’s palate.
Ingredients and Recipes
Instinct frozen raw bites are protein-packed and contain 85% to 88% meat and organs and 12% to 15% non-GMO fruits, vegetables, vitamins, and minerals. Each recipe contains wholesome ingredients, including high-quality organ meat, yellow squash, apples, carrots, spinach, and fish oil. Diets are specifically formulated to meet your dog’s nutritional needs.
- Puppy raw bites — Instinct’s puppy formula contains real chicken and a rainbow of vegetables and fruits to provide key nutrients to help your puppy grow strong. High-quality protein, calcium, and phosphorus are included for healthy muscle and bone growth, docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) is added to improve cognitive development, and vitamins A and E, zinc, and selenium are included for immune health.
- Adult raw bites — Instinct’s adult diet comes in five delectable flavors: chicken, lamb, beef, rabbit, beef, and cod. Each recipe contains real meat and an array of carefully selected vegetables and fruits. Probiotics and fiber are included to improve gut health, and taurine is added to maintain healthy heart function.
- Adult 7+ raw bites — Instinct’s senior formula contains real chicken and nutritious vegetables and fruits. Turmeric, DHA, manganese, glucosamine, and chondroitin are added to help your pup maintain mobility, and leucine is included for muscle retention. In addition, arginine, pyridoxine, folic acid, and L-carnitine are included to improve mental clarity.
Other dog foods, including kibble, canned, baked, and refrigerated pet food, are cooked and processed before they reach your dog. Instinct raw frozen bites undergo cold pressure to ensure they are free from pathogenic bacteria such as Salmonella, Escherichia coli, and Listeria but otherwise receive no processing. Less processing means better digestibility, superior nutrition, and improved palatability.
Instinct Pet Food has a multi-year agreement with the DogRisk independent research program at the University of Helsinki to better understand how a dog’s nutrition contributes to their health and wellbeing. The raw studies include:
- Canine environmental allergies — Instinct’s study demonstrated that puppies fed kibble were 182% more likely to develop environmental allergies as adults than puppies fed a raw diet.
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) — Instinct’s study demonstrated that puppies fed kibble were 61% to 85% more likely to develop IBD as adults compared to puppies fed a raw diet.
More real meat
Most dog foods are made using lower-quality ingredients, such as processed meat or vegetable-based proteins. Instinct raw bites contain a high percentage of high-quality animal-based proteins and do not contain by-product meals, fillers, artificial colors, or preservatives.
Pros and Cons of Instinct Frozen Raw Bites
- A board-certified veterinary nutritionist helped formulate Instinct’s frozen raw bite recipes.
- A high percentage of high-quality animal-based protein is used in every diet.
- Diets are specifically formulated to meet your dog’s nutritional needs at every life stage.
- Studies have demonstrated that puppies fed a raw diet experience less environmental allergies and are at a decreased risk for IBD.
- Instinct’s diets offer complete balanced nutrition, following the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) dog food nutrient profiles.
- Instinct frozen raw bites must be thawed at room temperature for 5 to 15 minutes.
- If your dog doesn’t consume the entire portion, you must discard leftovers after 30 minutes.
- You must use hot, soapy water to wash your hands, working surfaces, utensils, bowls, and any other items that contact Instinct’s frozen raw bites.
- Instinct frozen raw bites should be left in the refrigerator for no longer than 24 hours.
Information as of 6/30/22