Allergic dogs suffer from severe skin inflammation and itchiness. When your dog encounters an allergen trigger, their body sends a chemical signal to mast cells in the skin to release histamines. When histamine levels become too high, your dog’s body can’t metabolize them. Vet’s Best Soft Chews can help alleviate your pup’s skin allergies by supporting normal histamine levels and promoting appropriate skin moisture.
Vet’s Best Soft Chews Ingredients
Vet’s Best Soft Chews are veterinary-formulated and contain natural quality ingredients to help address your dog’s skin-related allergies. Each bottle carries the National Animal Supplement Council (NASC) quality seal. Ingredients include:
- Nettle leaf powder — Stinging nettle (i.e., Urtica dioica) has been used for centuries as an herbal medicine staple. The plant contains multiple compounds that may reduce inflammation. In addition, research has demonstrated that stinging nettle extracts can inhibit inflammation that may trigger allergies by blocking histamine receptors and stopping immune cells from releasing chemicals that cause allergy signs.
- Ocean kelp — Ascophyllum nodosum is a common cold water brown seaweed that grows in the northern Atlantic Ocean. Sulfated polysaccharides extracted from this ocean kelp may have antioxidant and immuno-stimulatory properties. In addition, fucoidan-rich extracts may help improve intestinal health.
- Citrus bioflavonoid complex — Citrus bioflavonoids are compounds such as hesperidin, naringin, narirutin, and didymin produced by plants to protect themselves from oxidation. They have known anti-inflammatory properties, and they help combat free radicals. In addition, they can support immune health.
- Quercetin — Quercetin is a natural pigment in many fruits, vegetables, and grains with antioxidant effects to combat free radical damage.
- Pernilla leaf extract — Pernilla leaves are used in Chinese medicine to treat many ailments. Leaf extracts have shown antioxidant, anti-allergenic, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Vitamin E — Vitamin E is an essential fat-soluble nutrient with antioxidant properties that may help promote skin moisture and health.
Vet’s Best Soft Chews Dosing
These soft, moist chews are delicious to your pup, whether given as a treat or at mealtimes. Vet’s Best Soft Chews work best when used daily, and you can double the recommended dosage if your dog’s seasonal allergies persist. Dogs under 25 pounds should receive ½ chew per day, dogs 25 to 75 pounds should receive one chew per day, and dogs over 75 pounds should receive two chews per day.
Vet’s Best Soft Chews Pros and Cons
- Vet’s Best Soft Chews are formulated by a veterinarian.
- Vet’s Best Soft Chews are drug-free, and they can be used safely in combination with other allergy medications to manage your dog’s allergies.
- You don’t need a prescription to obtain Vet’s Best Soft Chews, and the product is much less expensive than many other dog allergy treatments.
- Vet’s Best Soft Chews may not be effective for dogs with moderate to severe seasonal allergies.
- Some dog owners reported that their dog wouldn’t eat the chews.
Vet’s Best Soft Chews Rave Reviews
Vet’s Best Soft Chews receive 3.8 out of 5 stars on Chewy, and 81% of users would recommend the product to a friend.
- “My dog gets gunky eyes during the peak allergy season. These chews have helped ease my poor boy’s allergies. He’s less sneezy and scratchy with these chews so I assume they are working.”
- “My dog’s stomach is always pink and warm, and she’s constantly licking at it. I give her one of these a day and it clears her stomach up. She’s much more comfortable and she really likes the taste.”
Always check with your veterinarian before adding a supplement to your dog’s diet.
Information as of 6/30/22