WhiskerDocs claims they are the first real-time veterinary support service for pet parents and the largest scalable pet telehealth provider in North America, covering more than five million pets. The company developed, patented, industry-wide best practices to help ensure the highest quality support for every dog and dog parent—at every session. Their mission is to “Help pet lovers become the very best pet parents they can be by providing the same level of help and health care that people receive, because this is the level of care that they and all pets deserve.” WhiskerDocs’ values include:
- Share the love — They believe in sharing their time, knowledge, and resources to ensure dog parents get the answers they need and their dogs to get the relief they deserve.
- Care—not clocks — They believe in relationships, not transactions, and are available day and night to answer questions.
- Empower parents — Their goal is that every WhiskerDocs experience helps clients become better pet parents.
WhiskerDocs provides support by phone, chat, or email 24 hours per day, seven days per week, 365 days per year. All options promptly connect dog owners with a member of the WhiskerDocs’ team, which includes licensed veterinarians, who have an average of 20 years of hands-on small animal practice experience, and licensed veterinary technicians (LVTs). WhiskerDocs never offers a formal diagnosis or prescribes treatment, but their veterinary experts help dog parents understand signs to make the best possible decision on their dog’s behalf. WhiskerDocs’ service packages include:
- One-time phone call — For $39.99, you can speak once to a veterinary professional by phone—they answer 95% of calls in 28 seconds.
- One-time chat — For $39.99, you can chat with a veterinary professional, who typically responds in 30 seconds or less.
- One-time email — If you don’t need an immediate answer, for $4.99, you can email a WhiskerDoc veterinary professional and receive a response within four hours.
- Anytime unlimited — For $16.99 a month or $129.99 a year, you can receive unlimited support for your dog 24 hours per day, seven days a week. You can call, chat, or email as often as you need. Yearly plans include 75% off additional dog subscriptions.
WhiskerDocs ensures your dog receives the necessary care and that your questions are answered satisfactorily with complimentary follow-up calls within 48 hours. They also have a free app, WhiskerDocs Pocket Vet, for iPhone and iPad users.
WhiskerDocs has one notable drawback: dog parents cannot connect with veterinary professionals via video, so the ability to accurately assess the problem may be hindered.
Dog parents seem pleased with their WhiskerDocs experiences. Testimonials include the following:
- “We’ve used WhiskerDocs a few times for our puppy, and always have a great, helpful, empathetic experience. You are always prompt to follow up and check on our puppy and offer valuable advice. We love WhiskerDocs!”
- “When I called and asked about Cookie being overweight, they told me to give her 30 minutes a day of exercise. It’s only been a month and she’s already a perfect weight.”
- “I spoke to Dr. Tracy about Carrie and her ear infection. I felt as if I was sitting in the office with Dr. Tracy discussing the problem. She took the time to explain every detail that I needed to know to help resolve this problem.”
WhiskerDocs provides valuable advice for dog parents 24 hours per day, seven days per week, 365 days a year, and you can choose to use their service on a one-time basis or purchase a subscription, so the service is convenient for everyone.
Information as of 6/30/22