Tapeworms, roundworms, and hookworms are some of the most common intestinal parasites that infect dogs. These parasites can cause various health complications, such as lethargy, weight loss, diarrhea, and vomiting. Additionally, roundworms and hookworms can affect people, causing issues such as dermatitis, eye inflammation, respiratory problems, and neurological signs. The best way to protect your dog and your family is to provide appropriate year-round prevention medication. PetArmor 7 Way DeWormer for Dogs treats and controls two tapeworm species, two roundworm species, and three hookworm species.
PetArmor 7 Way Dewormer Details
PetArmor 7 Way Dewormer is available in a flavored, chewable tablet that most dogs find palatable. It can be administered by hand as a treat or hidden in a small amount of food if your dog is picky. The PetArmor 7 Way Dewormer comes in two sizes. For dogs and puppies 6 to 25 pounds, the chewable tablet contains 30 mg pyrantel pamoate and 30 mg praziquantel. For dogs 25 to 50 pounds, the tablet contains 114 mg pyrantel pamoate and 114 mg praziquantel. Dogs weighing more than 50 pounds will require multiple tablets at a dose appropriate for their weight. The recommended dosing is monthly; no prescription is required to purchase the product. Potential side effects include mild lethargy, vomiting, and diarrhea.
PetArmor 7 Way Pros and Cons
- PetArmor 7 Way Dewormer treats and controls seven worm species, including two types of tapeworms, two types of roundworms, and three types of hookworms.
- This dewormer is safe and effective for puppies as young as 12 weeks old.
- A veterinary prescription is not required to purchase PetArmor 7 Way Dewormer for your dog.
- The dewormer comes in a palatable, easy-to-administer, chewable tablet.
- PetArmor 7 Way Dewormer does not protect your dog against other parasites, such as heartworms and whipworms.
- Multiple tablets must be administered to dogs more than 50 pounds.
- You must give PetArmor 7 Way Dewormer year-round, monthly, to be effective.
PetArmor 7 Way Dewormer Customer Reviews
PetArmor 7 Way Dewormer received 4.5 out of 5 stars from reviewers on Amazon. Happy pet owners shared the following comments:
- “PetArmor 7 Way Dewormer worked great on my 7 month old, nine-pound shih tzu puppy. It took two days to work, but it did exactly what it was supposed to do.”
- “I got PetArmor 7 Way Dewormer when I noticed what appeared to be a long worm in my dog’s poop. I got this product immediately to avoid hundreds in veterinary bills. My dog lapped it up with no hesitation, and I only needed two chewables since my dog weighs about 65 pounds. Within a day or two, my dog noticeably changed. He was in a better mood, running around, eating, and I didn’t notice any worms in his poop.”
- “I have six dogs, and my puppy had a fecal test which showed a severe case of hookworms. The veterinarian told me that all my dogs would have to be treated, and it would cost $600. Yikes! I did my research and saw that PetArmor 7 Way Dewormer got excellent reviews. I was a bit skeptical, but today my puppy was retested and had no hookworms! I definitely recommend this product.”
If you believe your dog has intestinal parasites, consult your veterinarian to rule out other health complications and to ensure a deworming product is appropriate for your pup.
Information as of 9/30/22